Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Books are Still Piling Up


But I'm whizzing through Rabbit Proof Fence which is a slight read but no less an incredible story. More Christmas purchases arrived. The Ada Cambridge was wrote in 1890! Which is why it's been jolly hard to find. Which is why I ended up ordering it from Amazon. It looks odd, like a text book.


This copy is from the BiblioBazaar Reproduction Series, the goal of which is to bring back into print hard-to-find original publications at a reasonable price, at the same time preserving the legacy of literary history. Write on!!



And I got Murray Bail's Eucalypt, which comes recommended by Anna and which has been really hard to reserve again at the library. I had it out at one stage but didn't get around to reading it in the short loan time I had it for; it's clearly in demand.


We're off to Melbourne for a week on Monday, so will be packing plenty of books to keep me going. Or maybe just one big fat, juicy one ... decisions, decisions ...

No comments:

Post a Comment