Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Books

Instead of the traditional post-Christmas lunch sleep, I have just finished reading Jennifer Government. Which I really enjoyed. Time for a browse through my Christmas book, Stephanie Alexander's very gorgeous Kitchen Garden Companion. I bought it a while ago but have left it until today to dip into it. Then it will be on with the list: Carpentaria, by Alexis Wright, which is set in the Gulf country of North West Queensland. I did a library run yesterday, before the library shuts until Wednesday. I had Carpentaria reserved but then also browsed the shelves for a while, up to 'F' and found 4 other books on the list. I'm all set for the rain which has been forecast for the next five days. But today is a cracker - sun's shining, it's hot and steamy out there. A perfect Christmas Day; thanks Mr Weather Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment