Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Brother Fish or Book Thief?

Last night I finished The Messenger. It really was a very good book: clever, subtle and profound, just like the back cover blurb says. Bev has loaned me Brother Fish to read and today, Kim brought in The Book Thief. The Courtenay again daunts me, I'd rather not have to read any more of his books (snob!) but I will. And I will indulge in a little speed reading I am sure, to hasten progress toward The Book Thief. A lovely reward after a big fat fishy read. It's not that I'm not grateful to Bev... just shame about the book! But Bev quite enjoyed it and once I am finished I will get a "vox pop" from my lovely friend... the nice thing about Brother Fish is that Bev read a lot of it on her holiday in Port Douglas...

No comments:

Post a Comment