Saturday, June 11, 2011

Adolescence

I finished The Little Company last night. It was really very good. Again, someone else's words describe this book so much better than I ever could; here's the back cover blurb: "The work successfully demonstrates how personal questions intertwine with larger political and intellectual concerns, and the impact of extraordinary times on ordinary people ... the book has a complex narrative structure and explores the politics and propaganda of the war through the experiences of the Massey family. The book records some of the events of the war but is primarily set in Sydney and the Blue Mountains".


Dominic and I had gone to the library yesterday and I picked up Puberty Blues. It's just a little shorty so I had finished that by this morning. And now I am reading Tangara, one of the three I recently bought from Leura books.




No comments:

Post a Comment