Friday, June 11, 2010

Anna and Snail

This is my lovely friend Anna - and her equally lovely girls. I have know Anna for 25 years and of about 20 of those years Anna has lived in Australia. Anna is a self-confessed book-hoarder so it's not surprising that Anna has read (and owns) a fair few of the books on the ABR FAN list. Anna is also a very generous person and offered to lend me some of her FANs. But that would involve posting them as she's in Sydney and I'm in Queensland and we don't actually see each other that often. No, instead I will get most of the books from the library, I told Anna, and then quipped "but do you have Snail?"


Well, no she didn't. But now I do! Snail appeared in a perfect brown paper parcel from Victoria Books, I'm pretty sure it was, but silly me threw the brown paper wrapper out with the address label on it, so now after only a glance at the return address, I can't be sure ... But thank you VERY much, Anna.
I can see why Anna has not owned Snail - it certainly is an odd little book , according to its cover blurb being "a darkly comic tale of madness, trust, friendship and gardening". Since I finished Picnic at Hanging Rock last night, I'm about to sample some more of this curious book by Eric Dando.

No comments:

Post a Comment