Saturday, July 3, 2010

Gayle

This is Gayle who recently loaned me a couple of books, including the one I'm currently reading (and really enjoying!) Robbery Under Arms. Today Gayle brought round Tuesdays with Morrie. Now, this book isn't on the ABR FAN poll list but Gayle reckons it should be. I've heard quite a few people speak highly of it and so read it I will. Probably instead of the Ben Elton book that's on the list. I still don't know why a Ben Elton book is on the list.

Anyway, it was great to meet Gayle today, another avid book fan. Given half the chance, we could have gas-bagged for hours ....

We're off on holiday in a few days and I want to make sure I have plenty to read during the long cold nights in the Northern Territory (Alice Springs, Uluru and environs, here we come!). So this is today's haul from the library. The massive book on the bottom of the pile is another from, guess who? Yup, it's another Courtenay doorstop, a saga over four generations. I won't be putting that in my backpack; the nice little Thea Astley books can come on holiday instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment