Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Lure of Singapore

It seems I can be quite distractable when starting a new book. We're off to Singapore for a week later in the year and even for a week-long stay, there's a lot to choose from to see, do and most importantly, eat! So, I'm going to read this lonely planet guide and make a few jottings to plan our time, before getting seriously stuck into Holden's Performance. But then there's the very tempting Further Reading section in the lonely planet guide, for the obsessively well-prepared traveller...Particularly tempting is a "rowdy" Paul Theroux novel, Saint Jack. Might just have to give that one a whirl - I went through a bit of a Paul Theroux phase, I suppose it would have been when in my lates 20s. And there are some titles written by local literary luminaries to try out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment