Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Regency Noir?

Last night I finished The Time We Have Taken and found it mainly to be quite tedious read. Too naval gazing, too much self-indulgent introspection. Maybe tedious is too strong a word as I was always interested to keep reading to find out what would happen next with Rita, Mrs Webster, Michael, Madeline and Vic. But in the end, the book was really about people with too much time on their hands - they were all a bit "me, me, me". They analysed themselves to death!

But now, I have taken a huge plunge into Untouched by Anna Campbell, who is described as "an amazing, daring new voice in romance". This book is "a second dark and dangerous romance from the rising star of regency noir"; whatever that is! I think I am about to find out ...

No comments:

Post a Comment