Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Stories So Far



22 May: found and started to read The Sound of One Hand Clapping.
25 May: finished One Hand. Started Wake in Fright.
26 May: finished Wake in Fright. Began reading My Brilliant Career.

On Monday 24 May, I took some time out from work to go to Corelli's SecondHand Book Shop in Mooloolaba - photo to follow. They have an "Australian Interest" section which was mainly non-fiction but quite a few FANs as well! I bought Wake in Fright and My Brilliant Career there. Also purchased: For Love Alone, Christina Stead and Picnic at Hanging Rock, Joan Lindsay. And A Difficult Young Man, Martin Boyd. I did wish I'd had more time to explore the shop further but then decided I first needed to see what was held at the library before trying to snatch up every itemI could find at the 2nd hand book places - strategy required, or I'd go broke very quickly!








No comments:

Post a Comment